2019 ACPC CONFERENCE DETAILS
August 10 - August 13, 2019
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Registration begins online here on Monday, April 29th at 9 am Eastern time
See what’s in store for ACPC 2019 here!
Dear ACPC Airline Participants:
I am excited to announce that the 63rd annual Air Carriers Purchasing Conference is returning to United’s mid-Atlantic hub of Washington, DC. We will once again call the historic Marriott Wardman Park Hotel our home for four days of business opportunity, networking, and value creation. The conference theme of “Personal Connections. Global Impact” will be on display at every venue and event. Your Airline Steering Committee and Board of Directors are committed to ensuring the ACPC continues to provide each airline attendee with a superior value proposition. We have worked hard to assemble an agenda that balances a full, dynamic business agenda with fun and engaging opportunities to network. Here are some highlights of what you can look for this year:
Saturday, August 10th
· The ACPC Golf Tournament is set at the Laurel Hills Golf Club. Buses depart at 6:00 AM.
· The ACPC will host its Annual ACPC "Gives Back." This year's charity event will support the Aero Club Foundation of Washington.
· Join Doug Jenkinson and Larry Mabry for the New Attendee Orientation at 11:15 AM. Whether you are a first time attendee or a “seasoned veteran”, there will be new information about this year’s conference activities and ways to increase your value creation opportunities.
· The Hospitality Suite is open from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM with Diversity Corner open from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
· We have professional development sessions this year to increase your skills. The first one is “Getting the Most Out of the ACPC App” with Vanessa Brewster. The next one is “Understanding Different Tools in Cost Analysis” with Bill Agee; followed by “Power Networking” with David Suarez. Finally. there is “MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul) Purchasing” with Bill Agee. So much information. Don’t miss out on it.
· There will be a NEW Live Crowd Trivia Contest just before the Welcome Reception starting at 5:15 PM.
· The Welcome Reception will be held from 5:45 PM to 7:00 PM. Please come out and join Supplier Chair Randy Murdock and myself as we officially open the conference.
Sunday, August 11th
· Professional development sessions start at 9:00 AM with Bill Agee presenting “Negotiating Maintenance Agreements”; and continue with “Boot Camp for New Buyers and Supply Chain Managers” at 10:15 AM. Knowledge is the backbone of professionalism.
· The Hospitality Suite opens at 10:00 AM with Diversity Corner open until 11:00 AM; and the ACPC Tech Bars/Headshot Photo Lounge open until 3:30 PM. Headshots are a gift to you from the ACPC.
· Silent auction bidding commences at 10:00 AM and concludes at 6:30 PM, with the proceeds going to the Aero Club Foundation of Washington.
· The "Airline Only Luncheon" will be held from 11:30 AM-12:45 PM. This is a great way to network and meet other airlines early in the conference. Our guest speaker will be Steve Morrissey, United Airlines VP of Regulatory Affairs.
· The ANF (Aviation Networking Forum) is open to airlines only from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM, after which it is open to suppliers and airlines until 6:00 PM.
· Sunday night we will enjoy a wonderful Buffet Dinner Reception, followed by music and dancing with Frank Matos.
Monday, August 12th
· The day will kick off early with the Airline Only Private Networking session from 9:00 AM to 9:50 AM followed the morning Round Tables sessions starting at 10:00 AM.
· Our Luncheon begins at 12:15 PM followed by our Keynote Address by Amy Franko who will discuss “Elevating Relationships: Local and Global Impact”.
· The afternoon Round Table sessions begin promptly at 1:50 PM.
· There are three professional development sessions in the afternoon.
· The ACPC Tech Bars/Headshot Photo Lounge will be open until 6:00 PM to get your complimentary professional headshot.
· The evening festivities will commence at 7:00 PM with our Semi-Formal Banquet Dinner prepared by the Chefs at the Marriott.
· We are excited about our special headline entertainer: the magnificent illusionist Reza, who will be performing from 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM.
Tuesday, August 13th
· We start the morning at 8:00 AM with the Airlines independent closed meeting. This is your opportunity to influence future conferences by providing valuable feedback. Please be sure to attend to help improve YOUR conference.
· The final Round Table sessions begin promptly at 9:00 AM and finishes at 12:20AM.
· The Luncheon begins at 12:30 AM and will feature The Evasons, a mentalist duo.
The Value Proposition - Registration fees for qualified airline representatives are gratis in exchange for airline attendee participation at all ACPC venues (a $1095.00 per person value).
Additional Conference Value - There is a special “Airline Only” hotel rate of $119.00 / night.
We are very excited about the conference and all the value it will provide. United Airlines is honored to be able to serve as the Airline Host this year and I am proud to be able to lead this conference with Randy Murdock.
Conference registration opened on Monday, April 29th, and is only available through the ACPC website at www.acpc.com.
If you have any questions or suggestions for the conference, please feel free to contact me at Mike.Pigliacelli@united.com or 872-825-2595. You may also contact anyone on the Airline Steering Committee whose contact information may be found on the ACPC official website www.acpc.com. The website is the best location to find current information on the conference.
I look forward to seeing you in August!
Michael J. Pigliacelli
2019 Airline Chairman – Air Carriers Purchasing Conference
The ACPC is the most productive aviation conference worldwide. /b>r>
We encourage everyone to review: ACPC Rules and ANF Rules & ACPC History.
If you need to Contact us, please use any of the options listed on the Contact Information Page.
We would like to take this opportunity to extend our appreciation to all our volunteer Committee Members.