The safety and well-being of our attendees are top priorities for the Air Carriers Purchasing Conference. We are committed to offering a safe, in-person event and have implemented new guidelines and protocols based on the current guidelines and policies from the CDC, Atlanta officials and Marriott. The ACPC strongly encourages attendees to either be fully vaccinated or have had a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arriving onsite for the conference. Anyone feeling sick or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, should refrain from traveling and attending the conference. Please see the ACPC Refund and Transfer Policy for how to transfer your registration to another attendee from your company, if you are unable to attend. The ACPC has done its due diligence to follow guidelines and employ preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, the ACPC cannot guarantee that meeting participants will not become infected with COVID-19.
As of September 2, 2021, here is what you can expect at the 2021 ACPC:
- To reduce crowding around registration areas and increase flow, we will offer extended Registration and Roundtable Selection hours in a well-spaced area.
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be established wherever possible to spread people more evenly throughout the meeting space.
- Meeting space will be set up so as to promote social distancing, wherever possible.
- Plexiglass barriers will be utilized during Roundtable Sessions on Monday and Tuesday as an added protective measure.
- The staff at our venue, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, will be following cleaning protocols set forth by the CDC, and high-touch areas such as door handles, elevator buttons, etc., will be cleaned more frequently. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the hotel and meeting rooms. See Marriott’s Commitment to Clean for more information on the current cleaning and safety standards at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis and other Marriott properties.
- In response to the CDC’s recent recommendation, the City of Atlanta has implemented a mask mandate for private and public settings, regardless of vaccination status. Therefore, all ACPC attendees will be required to wear a facial covering or mask over the mouth and nose at all indoor venues, except while actively eating or drinking. Limited masks will be available onsite; please plan to bring your own. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Attendees’ commitment to act responsibly with respect to their own health and the health of others at the event will be critical to the success of the 2021 ACPC. In addition to wearing a face mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status, the ACPC also expects all attendees and their guests take appropriate preventative actions to help stop the spread of COVID-19, such as:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding hand shaking and other physical contact with other attendees.
All registrants who experience symptoms associated with COVID-19 while attending the 2021 ACPC are required to immediately return to their room, remain isolated and notify a ACPC staff member. ACPC or Marriott staff will offer information on COVID testing locations and other medical services, as requested.
The ACPC is looking forward to hosting a successful in-person event next week, and we are fully dedicated to making the 2021 ACPC as safe and healthy as possible for all attendees. Thank you for doing your part to keep the event a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]