1. All volunteers are required to be available for the full duration of the conference. Therefore, you are agreeing to be available from Friday, August 18, 2023 at 8:00 AM through Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 2:00 PM.
2. Volunteers must attend a mandatory Volunteer Training Session at 8:00 AM on Friday, August 18, 2023. Depending on what duties you are assigned, you may be asked to report for additional training at an earlier time.
3. Two (2) volunteers per company are allowed and volunteers are required to stay in the Volunteer Block at the Host Hotel.
4. Each volunteer must be available to work a minimum of ten (10) total hours over the duration of the conference and a maximum of sixteen (16) total hours. A schedule will be provided to all volunteers prior to the conference to facilitate your planning. Due to the complex nature of scheduling volunteer duties, no changes are to be made to the schedule, including switching with other volunteers. If you have a scheduling conflict please advise the Volunteer Coordinators immediately, so that efforts can be made to secure a replacement, if possible. Not showing up for your scheduled time could result in non-acceptance of future volunteer requests.
5. All Volunteers participating in Airline Roundtables must schedule their meetings in such a way that they do not conflict with their volunteer work schedule.
6. Volunteers are required to wear the official ACPC Volunteer t-shirt during all volunteer shifts. Please DO NOT wear the t-shirt when you are not on duty. While on duty, please wear solid colored business slacks with the ACPC Volunteer t-shirt. Women may wear a long skirt (below the knees), which should also be solid-colored. No shorts, jeans, or short skirts are allowed while on duty. Outside venues may have an exception to this rule, please see your coordinator to verify all details before your shift begins.
7. Volunteers cannot drink alcohol when on duty or when wearing their volunteer T-shirt.
8. Volunteers must be on time for each of their scheduled shifts. Please plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to a scheduled start time. If a Volunteer has the first shift of the day and requires set-up time, please coordinate with your respective ACPC Venue Coordinator.
9. If a Volunteer becomes ill or unable to make their shift, they are required to call the Volunteer Coordinator(s) prior to their shift. Telephone numbers will be provided during volunteer training.
10. Due to the high volume of volunteers needed to cover social and business events on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, volunteer participation in these events may be limited.
11. Volunteers must uphold a professional code of conduct. Every Volunteer is an ambassador of the ACPC and is required to maintain and enforce all ACPC Policies. The ACPC Code of Conduct and the Supplier Participation Policies can be found online at www.acpc.com.
12. Volunteer position requests are at the discretion and approval by the ACPC Board of Directors.
13. Volunteers must be paid and registered for the ACPC and have a room reserved in the Volunteer Block of the Host Hotel no later than Friday, May 26, 2023 in order to be considered for a Volunteer position.
2023 Volunteer Coordinators
Cynthia Woodward 704.860.6570 and Amanda Hartwig 319.363.0949
EMAIL: [email protected]